Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter egg shirts

Emma had a long sleeve shirt that had stains on the sleeves so I used the rotary cutter to zip off the sleeves. I put a little elastic in the short arm holes to give them a little ruffe edge. I removed the tall collar and the buttons. I edged the collar with purple knit and put on 2 egg shapes that were different colors. The first I stitched striaght on the second I stitched in lines straight across then used the scissors to cut in between.
This was the result. I also put a couple extra inches on the bottom because this shirt was getting a bit small. If I do it again I will use regular cotton instead of knit to see if it will fray more and give a more ruffled effect. I made one for the older three girls but this one was the most involed. They loved to wear them for easter and I made good used of old stained white shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment